Policy on Record Retention
1. Physical Records
All physical records are kept in premises locked at all times.
- a. If we have no contact for 3 years, records are transferred to a locked archive with 24 hour CCTV monitoring.
- b. If we are instructed that the case has settled, records are transferred to a locked archive with 24 hour CCTV monitoring.
- c. All records are securely shredded at 7 years from last recorded contact.
- d. You may elect to have all physical (paper) records returned to you, or arrange collection (both options at your expense).
2. Electronic Records
All electronic records are kept password-protected at all times.
- a. An archiving policy is currently not considered necessary, but will be produced when storage requirements necessitate this.