Ms Bita Manzouri
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
BSc. MBBS MRCP FRCOphth. Ph.D CertLRS PGDip PGCert
Ms Manzouri Bita Manzouri is a consultant corneal and cataract surgeon and the lead for the Eye Casualty at Queen’s Hospital in Romford since 2014. She graduated from University College London with a first-class honours intercalated degree in molecular biology and biochemistry, for which she was given the University of London medal, as well as distinction in her medical degree. Prior to entering ophthalmology, she undertook general medical training to obtain her MRCP. She underwent her ophthalmic training at The Western Eye Hospital and Moorfields Eye Hospital and undertook research leading to a PhD degree at the Institute of Ophthalmology. She has dual fellowship training in cornea/external disease and paediatric ophthalmology.
Ms Manzouri is an Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer at Barts & the London Medical School where she is actively involved in teaching of medical students as well as students in various specialities affiliated with medicine. She is also a reviewer for several ophthalmic journals and has herself published widely and presented at both national and international meetings. She holds a post graduate certificate in refractive surgery from the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and a post graduate diploma in cataract and refractive surgery from the University of Ulster. She has further postgraduate certification from the University of Manchester in healthcare management and leadership, as part of the Darzi fellowship programme.
- Fellow Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer
- Member of Council for the United Kingdom and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeon (UKISCRS)
- Member of the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS)
- Member of the UK Cross-Linking Consortium
- International member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- International member of the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO)
Ms Bita Manzouri